PS as a Movie?
  • I was just seeing Vishnuvardan interview(Billa , Pattiyal,Sarvam director).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5829458558769624904&hl=en (last 5 mins in the video)

He went on to say his dream project is to make movie out one Tamil Literature. He also said he has heard so much hype from ppl and he is yet to complete the book and the book is not in copy rights.

It just gave me wild idea , could it be PS?
  • he only book that could was hyped for long was PS. The list includes
    MGR, Kamal, Maniratnam, one TV attempt by Vijay TV, another one by Sun
    and most recently Naga. So, positively it could be PS.
  • I remember an old interview of Kamalhaasan or Sujatha perhaps that they wish to take PS as a movie part by part in which Kamal will play the role of Vandhiathevan.Then I don't know what happened to it. And the project from Kalaingar tv.... no further news from there too! Dear God! If it becomes like the Sivakamiyin Sabatham serial in sun tv!? A remake of the novel in todays words! I was really looking forward for that story on tv. But only the concept or the core of the story was taken. They said the story can't be made as such because it takes more effort and also more money for the historic sets and costumes. Is there no production company in Tamil like the Sagar post of Hindi?

ILLAVARASI

• H Ilavarasi, someone here had posted a link on Sivakamiyin Sabatham Dance Drama, a long time ago in Singapore i think. I really liked it although the link was only part of it, like 10 mins or so.

SS is written to be a dance oriented subject well suited for dramas. We have talked a lot on PS being a movie. Kamal is too old now for VD. Some new faces can do it but lack of commercial market but not be appealing for the investment.

Sagar like in tamil? I hope you are not serious. His Ramayana was among the worst adaptation of the epic there ever was by any standards.

Malathi
  • > someone here had posted a link on Sivakamiyin Sabatham Dance Drama, a long time ago in Singapore i think. I really liked it although the link was only part of it, like 10 mins or so.

kalki's grand daughter did a dance drama related to it. called flame of the forest.
  • Hi ma'm
       I didn't mean to say the standard of the story. I mentioned Sagar post on cost basis. They spend much money for the settings like which there's no one here- that's what I actually wished to say. If you have seen the Sivagamiyin Sabatham serial you too may feel so! I'm sorry if my words have expressed some different meaning.

ILLAVARASI

http://mGinger.com/index.jsp?inviteId=roseangeline
  • Hi Illavarasi, please no ma'am and all required :) there is nothing to apologize about, was just expressing my opinion and you are free to express yours too.

I didn't know there was an SS serial. Who made it? Sagar spent money on settings...I don't really know - even in our high school play we had better settings than that. It is possible though to bring out the emotion in the story via dance dramas without too grand settings, of course audience may be less but still there will be more literate/artistic people.

Malathi

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters