vichitra Chitan- Great work by Diwakar
  • Dear Friends,

Just now I have completed the reading of Diwakar's Vichitra Chitan. Great Work by Diwakar.

Sofar novels in history pertaining to Tamil Kings either said about Chola kings..that too Raja Raja, Rajendra or kings came after him..or about Pallava kings..from Mahendra Varman.

We have so far been told that Mahendra Verman become a ardent supporter of Saivisim..from Samanam. In his novel..Diwakar takes us to a new area where Mahendra Verman was a devout follower of "Samanam". How he shifts to Saivisim..excellently told by Diwakar.

The narration..the characters..particularly..Mahendra Verman's sister Kommai..has been portrayed well..and her dialogues are very good.

The novel throws light on the fight between Samanam and Saivisim.

It is a must read novel.

It interested me a lot as I have just completed a tour of Hampi, Aihole, Pattadakal and Vatapi (Badami..now...the chalukya capital.)

After reading Vichitra Chitan..one can read Kalki's Sivakamiyin Sabatham..it would be interesting.
  • Sir,

I will try to get more details on this.

A.Vaidyanathan

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters