Saving Messages - Suggestions (I need technical advice also... Technical hands.. pls revert)
  • Krupa,

I am not a technical hand... So, I have some clarificaitons.

What I have understood from ur belowsaid (written) message is that... V are going to save the contents of each and every mail with

1) Message No. (Notepad file name itself shall reveal the Message
    No. in PS website)
    2) Sender's Name
    3) Sender's ID
    4) Date

followed by the contents of the mail, in the form of a Notepad.

For a sample, I have attached the note pad form of Message No.107 inorder to check with u whether I have understood properly, what u have told. Kindly clarify immediately since only based on ur reply, I should start working.

And regarding storage of the same, what I feel is, V shall either open a new mail id or new group, where we shall save these notepad data, since data existing at our private systems may any time be lost (due to various reasons) and maintaining the same on the web in a different place shall be a record of the same, and our time spent on these jobs shall not go waste for any cause.

I have another idea also... In our PS as well as PSV website, I think, we shall provide a link that will take the site visitors to the location where these mail archives have been stored so that people will understand the importance / efforts behind our work. (I THINK THIS IS ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT)...

So, tell me what shall be done... I thought of two options:

No.1) A new email id shall be created and messages with the above said details shall be created in notepad form in this id...

No.2) A new group shall be created, which shall a sister group of PS. In that group, the above said notepad files can be posted as Messages... but the thing is, it shall not be a final draft since we will need grouping of the same, deleting of few messages, etc., before linking it to our PS & PSV sites...

Technical hands...Kindly advice me, whether there is any possibility for Option No.2 which will also enable us to do the required modifications in the group in a future date...

Regds / Suji

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters