(Reg. What we learn from History?) WHAT DON'T WE LEARN FROM HISTORY?
  • Hi Lakshmi,

I too agree with Krupa... It is enjoying history / it is like visiting our school after 25 years / etc...

But, beyond all that, what is think is.......... Are we all aware of our rich and valid culture??? Infact, knowing stories which are 1000 years old, learning our ancestors... all these should help us to identify the various things we have lost / missed out....

What I personally feel is enjoying such historical noves as PS, SS, etc. and admiring the characters deeply should help every one of us individually to shape ourself... mould outserlf into a good human being / good citizen / our contribution to the society etc...

Like, for ex., Vandhiyathevan has his own dreams of getting back his Vanar Kula Sitrarasu - which is his personal need, whereas the level of risks he takes to serve the Chola Saamrajyam is something more than proportionate to his personal need...May be, for today's scenarios, it can be transformed that every individual needs a high amount of Patriotism...

The same way, it depicts that those who sit in top positions should be cautious of their responsibilites and not let themselves lose them to personal circumstances... (Peria Pazhuvettaraiyar - Nandhini)..

And so on.... (I think, it deserves to be so enthusiastic... ) When I read PS for the first time, I could feel each and every character.... and I love Vandhiyathevan... for he is a combination of a very natural human being... his temptation towards Mannaasai, Pennaasai & Ponnaasai, the way he takes himself out from that Maiyal, the way he boasts of himself to Poonguzhali at Kodikarai... Conceptually, these are the things we all do in our daily life... Is it not?

Krupa.... What do u feel?....

All other guys... put ur opinions also...

Suji

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters