Virtual University
  • Hi all,
    I just came across this site today. Wanted to share it with you. I dont know if you are already aware of this site.
    Its called Tamil Virtual Library. The site requires tab fonts, flash plugin and real player. Its a project by Govt of TamilNadu and Distance Education dept of Tamil University, Thanjavur.
    The site is partially under construction. They are yet to upload some books.
    The library is awesome. Check out all the grammar books, starting from tholkaapiyam, with the urai, sanga ilakkiyam, padhinen keezhkanakku, kaapiyangal....
    The dictionaries, Tamil-English and vice versa..
    Technical terms- medical, law, vet, art and humanities...
    AV section has video of tamil traditions like jallikattu, baratham, karagam..
    Primary section has rhymes, lessons..
    List of Shaivite temples, videos on each, pictures of each.. and the same for vaishnavite temples...
    There are more. I just had time to explore the site partially. See it to believe it. Especially if you are raising kids away from thamizh naadu!
    http://www.tamilvu.org
    Enjoy!
    Thilak

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
    ~ George Bernard Shaw

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters